The Maze gardener is young, perhaps only ten, and very obviously blind. She gropes along the walls of the maze feeling for twigs and branches that have escaped from the trellis to coax back into place.
- the blind gardener is using:
- <worn around neck> a vial of oil of vitriol on a silver chain
- <wielded> a pair of gardening shears
- "That's a good plant. You stay put," the girl whispers.
- "Have you come to free Iris? She's ever so lonely," the little girl asks in a sad voice.
shard of a shattered blade, pair of gardening shears, oil of vitriol (sulfuric acid)
The gardener loads the shard in inventory.